Honey Oat Slice
Makes : 20-24 pieces
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
(taken from Woman’s Day, 2010-08-31)
3 cups rolled oats
1½ cups plain flour
1½ cups caster sugar
1½ cups desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
300g unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line an 18x28cm slice pan with baking paper
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. Melt butter in a small pan and add the honey.
4. Pour butter and honey mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Press mixture firmly into slice pan using the back of a spoon. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cut into shapes while warm and in the pan, using a sharp knife. Leave to cool in the pan. (If you would prefer to cut it out of the pan, allow to cool completely before removing it from the pan. I've been caught out with that.)
Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- Substitute golden syrup for honey
- Throw in ½ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- Throw in ½ cup of sultanas