Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

First dress for baby girl...

Okay, Asha is not quite a baby anymore since she turned 2 a few weeks ago.  But still, this is the first thing I have ever sewn for her.  I used the same a-line pattern as I have done for Samantha (New Look pattern 6504) and "cheated" by using some iron-on motifs.  Hopefully they will stay on!

I did make it in a size 3, so it will be a little bit big on her (she's currently a solid Size 2 girl), but hopefully it won't matter too much.  It's going to be a casual summer dress for run-around, so a little loose won't matter.  Asha is so excited to have her own dress, it's very cute.

Cool green summer dress!

Hopefully the fold line will come out in the wash ... I couldn't seem to iron it out

The iron-on motifs - let's hope they have stuck on good!

Once I can get Asha to stand semi-still for a pic, I'll post one up.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Well done - the finish looks lovely.
    I've had good success with iron-on motifs - they are not like the ones my mum used on clothes forme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peta!

    The dresses look gorgeous :)

    You are the lucky winner of my fabric giveaway - could you send me a message at "romijade at gmail dot com" with your postage details and to let me know which fabric you would like? You get to pick 1/2m - I think you liked the Floral Twill?

    Thanks!
    Romi

    ReplyDelete