Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Potholder progress ....

Slow but steadily I'm getting there.  Okay, I confess, as per usual, it's a mad rush in the final few days, but what else is new??  I signed up to EB's Potholder-Sew-Show-Swap (PSSS), thinking it would be a good idea to learn a few more piercing techniques and have a go at doing some quilting myself. Here's what I have done so far ...

Pinwheels (pierced top only - can you pick the blunder??)

Card trick design (pierced top only)

Log Cabin design (only used two contrasting fabrics though)

Drunkards Path - I think this is my favourite (ready for quilting)

Strips on the diagonal (because I was in a hurry)

They are all now sandwiched and ready for quilting.  I'm so nervous!!! I'm not sure how I should quilt them, but I will use this as an opportunity to try some free-motion quilting (at least on a couple of them) and see how that goes.  Wish me luck!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment