Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Birthday Hat for William

One of Samantha's little friends, William, is having a birthday soon and I thought I would make a hat for him.  Don't ask me why, I have no idea what got into me. :)  Must have been full moon or something.

Anyway, I decided to use the Lazy Day Hat from Make It Perfect, my first "indie" pattern.  It's a reversible bucket hat and comes in 4 sizes (small, medium, large and extra-large).  Samantha picked out the fabric for the hat, although I had to convince her that William would probably prefer a colour other than pink (her firm favourite).  The fabric came from Spotlight's quilting cotton range (I don't know the details).

I cut out the fabric and interfacing one  night and sewed it the next night.  The sewing probably took me about 2 hours I reckon, in between chatting to hubby and watching bits and pieces of TV.

Anyway, this is what I finished up with ...

The "outside"

The "inside"
I'm pretty happy with it.  Samantha thinks it fits fine and now she wants one, in pink of course!  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I made some passport holders from the travel fabric :) You know I've had the hat pattern for about 2 years now and still haven't made it.... must make a bucket hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vik : Your passport holders are great. Do you have a link for them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great! I love the choice of fabric. That travel fabric is very cool :)

    ReplyDelete