Anyway, I decided to use the Lazy Day Hat from Make It Perfect, my first "indie" pattern. It's a reversible bucket hat and comes in 4 sizes (small, medium, large and extra-large). Samantha picked out the fabric for the hat, although I had to convince her that William would probably prefer a colour other than pink (her firm favourite). The fabric came from Spotlight's quilting cotton range (I don't know the details).
I cut out the fabric and interfacing one night and sewed it the next night. The sewing probably took me about 2 hours I reckon, in between chatting to hubby and watching bits and pieces of TV.
Anyway, this is what I finished up with ...