I practised on the letters with the straight edges first before tacking the 'e' and the 's'. Those two letters took a bit more concentration.
In total, eight flags (six with letters, two that were blank)
The technical stuff - for the lettering, I used Cooper Black font 350pt in Word. The flags themselves were cut with a 9.5" base edge and 10.5" length from the base edge. I used 1/4" seams and the binding was simply some ready made binding I picked up at Spotlight ages ago.
I hope the little girl likes it (or at least her Mum and Dad do!) :) I now have 2 orders for similar bunting flags from my own little girls ...