Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

A-bunting we will go ...

I have been meaning to make this for a while, but finally got around to doing it yesterday.  A friend had a little baby girl a couple of months ago and I thought I would make some personalised bunting flags to decorate the room.  Making the bunting flags was super easy but everything associated with appliquing the letters was time-consuming.  Not particularly difficult, but just took a bit of time.


I practised on the letters with the straight edges first before tacking the 'e' and the 's'.  Those two letters took a bit more concentration.



In total, eight flags (six with letters, two that were blank)


The technical stuff  - for the lettering, I used Cooper Black font 350pt in Word.  The flags themselves were cut with a 9.5" base edge and 10.5" length from the base edge.  I used 1/4" seams and the binding was simply some ready made binding I picked up at Spotlight ages ago.

I hope the little girl likes it (or at least her Mum and Dad do!)  :)  I now have 2 orders for similar bunting flags from my own little girls ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment