Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Mount Bunting!

A few friends have had babies lately and another baby turned 1 recently.  I decided to sew some personalised bunting flags to celebrate.  It became a mountain of bunting flags!


I started about a month ago and have been chipping away at it slowly.  The applique was the most time-consuming - tracing all the letters, attaching them letters on to the flags and edge-stitching each letter.  The easiest letters have straight lines, the letters that were fiddly had lots of curves.  :)



So, I ended up doing bunting flags for five children - Polly, Jacob, Grace, Brennan and Spencer.  Fabric for the boys' flags was bought from Spotlight, fabric for the girls' flags was bought from my local quilt shop.

Here's some of them on display ....
Jacob

Polly

Spencer

And all of them (close-up shots)

Jacob

Grace

Brennan


Polly

Spencer



All of these flags will be sent to families this week - I hope they like them!

As an aside, take a look at my home-made "lightbox" that I used to trace out the letters.  It worked a treat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment