I started about a month ago and have been chipping away at it slowly. The applique was the most time-consuming - tracing all the letters, attaching them letters on to the flags and edge-stitching each letter. The easiest letters have straight lines, the letters that were fiddly had lots of curves. :)
So, I ended up doing bunting flags for five children - Polly, Jacob, Grace, Brennan and Spencer. Fabric for the boys' flags was bought from Spotlight, fabric for the girls' flags was bought from my local quilt shop.
Here's some of them on display ....
And all of them (close-up shots)
All of these flags will be sent to families this week - I hope they like them!
As an aside, take a look at my home-made "lightbox" that I used to trace out the letters. It worked a treat!