I also had a go at doing some applique. I have never attempted it before, so I was a bit nervous. On advice from some other sewers (thanks EBers!), I used vlisoflix to attach the applique fabric. I found out afterwards that I should have used a stabiliser underneath it all when I was doing the applique as that would have stopped the puckering. It looks okay, but the stabiliser would have been good. And I did get better as I did it. I did the top applique first and it definitely looks rougher than the applique done on the skirt (probably should have done it the other way around).
Anyway, although I am rusty, I finally finished it. Here it is!
|Samantha's pink 60's style dress!|
|The skirt applique (the better one)|
|Edge-stitching on the yoke top|
|Yoke finish on the inside (no scratchy seams to bother Samantha)|
Hopefully Samantha will love it. I'll try to get a photo when Samantha wears it first.
Now to do Asha's dress ... and then a few potholders are beckoning ....
Edited to add a couple of photos with Samantha wearing the dress -
|And Asha was all excited too. :)|