Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Party dress for a daughter

One of my daughters, S, wanted to dress as Honey Wheeler from the Trixie Beldon mystery book series for this year's book week parade at school, and all the pictures that she had seen had Honey wearing lovely summer dresses. There wasn't any similar dresses in the shops that were affordable, so I decided to make a dress for her.  S picked out the fabric from Spotlight (a printed cotton stretch sateen) and we chose a pattern that she liked.

Simplicity pattern 1382

Dress C was selected

Due to her height, I cut a size 10 pattern but with the length of a size 12 skirt. The dress turned out well, but the sewing instructions were woeful for installing the the zipper.  I managed to get it in, but it wasn't as easy as other zippers I have put into outfits (I ended having to do my own thing to get it to work).

Most importantly, S loved it and it's now her favourite dress!  What a winner!  It will do very nicely as her "party dress" for this summer.
Front

Back detail (S loves this!)


First shaped dress!

Front pleats
And finally - at the book week parade!

A happy customer :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment