Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Anna's Birthday Bag

In August 2014 ....
To celebrate my friend's 50th birthday, I wanted to make her something personal, as I thought she would get a kick out of that.  I decided on a bag for two reasons (1) I already had the pattern and had been looking for a reason to use it and (2) who can have enough bags?!

I decided to use Anna Marie Horner's Sidewalk Satchel, which looked a little more glam than your average tote bag.

For some insane reason, I decided to go with the pleated/gathered bag version, rather than the flat bag version.  I should have realised what that would mean - more sewing, more fluffing around!  But I think it was worth it. (Well, I hoped it was going to be worth it).

The instructions were pretty good to follow, nothing too bad.  I decided to make pockets on both sides of the lining, as it was a large bag and I figure it's better to have too many internal pockets than not enough.
Internal pocket - big enough for sunglasses, phone, keys!

Stitching on internal pocket

Pinning the pieces (lining)
Overall, I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  It was a bigger bag than I expected, but I don't think it's too large (I hope not!)  I think the outside fabric looked great and it's definitely in the colours that my friend likes.





I think Anna liked it, and that's the main thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment